Sunday 23 February 2014

DIY Petal Brooch

It's one of those days when I get really restless and my palms just get sweaty and begin to twitch lol! This happens most times, when I come across things I love or aspire to do, or stuff I'm just plain excited about (you know that feeling of when you see Victoria Beckham or Michelle Obama rocking some insane outfit or shoes or bags? It's kinda like that feeling only, when I see most pieces I go 'I'm totally making that!' More than I say 'I'm so buying that!' Lol, I do buy stuff don't get me wrong, I just get a rush when I create stuff myself).
Careful though! this is one colourful post!









 Ok so while surfing the internet the other day. I came cross lots of lovely photos that just captured my love for monochrome and neon (I'm totally and irrationally in love with monochrome and neon), have a look at some of the photos that inspired this DIY, I made a photo collage of them.


Let's have a quick look at the steps to creating theses babies!
You'll need:
A soldering iron, chiffon fabric, sewing needle and thread,felt, a safety pin, a scrunchie(optional, only necessary if you would want to wear ur brooch on your hair).



So what you do is, you place a piece of fabric and fold into a square. From the center mark out equally what size you want so that it resembles a cone. Cut out. Sew together into a bunch or a cluster...


You can also do this and arrive at the same result....



Plug on your soldering iron and seal the edges, ifyou don't wanna, then use a good ol glitter nail polish like so...




For the hair scrunchie, glue your felt at the bst and attach your scrunchie like so...


Don't get confused, I made aqua, pink, and neon green brooches *grin*
Add your embellishments and When you're done, rock yours!




Oh! And before I sign off, let me share a beaded brooch I created some time last year, you like?


Remember to show some love by following on Twitter, Facebook, bloglovin and so on by clicking those delightful, pink buttons at the right hand side of the blog's home page. Goodies await you when you follow *hugs*









3 comments:

jee said...

Love this. You're so creative you blow my mind. You inspire me...thanks.

Unknown said...

Aww! U r welcome!

Anonymous said...

Onnari I saw ur blog post of December and liked it...pls how do I get the measurements for cup in padded blouse...tanx