Saturday 13 April 2013

Blog Feature! - Ps I Made This, Matter Of Style, A Beautiful Mess.

Hello all! So in addition to writing, DIY-ing, designing and going about my daily activities (let's not forget work of course!) I like to discover new and exciting blogs,  but seeing that this is a DIY(lifestyle/sewing blog), I'll only share such blogs that I find :-)
I'll begin with two of my favourite blogs (I have mentioned them in previous posts though).www.matterofstyle.blogspot.com
     The first is 'matter of style' by ALESSIA Di Fonsio and you can read her intensely creative blog at www.matterofstyle.blogspot.com
She manages to ever so effortlessly, recreate runway looks and fashion trends in a very pocket friendly manner! She also writes a fashion column over at Style.it



more on the other side....


Second blog to be featured here would be, P.S. I Made This by Erica Domesek, over at www.psimadethis.com It is also a DIY blog  website and very innovative.
is a distinguished design and style expert living and creating in New 

York City. Her ultimate goal is to inspire and encourage her 

audience to embrace the concept of “I see it. I like it. I make it.”

Born from Erica’s passion for hand-making stylish objects and 

accessories that make everyday life more beautiful P.S. – I made

 this... launched as a website in 2009. Shortly thereafter Elle   

Magazine dubbed Erica “Fashion’s Queen of DIY”. The website 

features DIY projects, accompanied by bold inspiration collages 

and simple step-by-step how-to’s. P.S.– I made this encourages 

followers to cultivate their inner-creativity and embrace the ever-

growing DIY phenomenon.

In the Fall of 2010, Erica published her first book, “P.S. – I made 

this…”, featuring more than twenty-five projects that pull 

inspiration from timeless fashion looks, popular runway trends and 

notable style icons. The best-selling book has gone into multiple 

reprints and is available in several different languages.


In June 2012, Erica’s leading role in the DIY industry led to her 

weekly appearance as a judge on TLC’s Craft Wars. She has also 

appeared on The Today Show, Rachael Ray, The Martha Stewart 

Show, E! News, The Nate Berkus Show, Fox Business News, and 

her work has been featured in issues ofGlamour, Lucky, InStyle, 

Teen Vogue, Self, Elle, Vogue, The Wall Street Journal.  




 and the face behind the site....


Third blog but in no way the least, happens to be one of my absolute favs - 'A Beautiful Mess' over at www.abeautifulmess.typepad.com


A Beautiful Mess is a lifestyle blog owned by two sisters - Elsie and Emma. It focuses on creating a beautiful life by sharing simple ways to create an inspired lifestyle. 
On A Beautiful Mess you'll find daily inpiration for crafts, recipes, fashion and decor. We love sharing projects that make life a little bit sweeter. 
In the Summer of 2007 Elsie started A Beautiful Mess as a just-for-fun blog. Little by little, creating articles became her passion. In early 2010 Emma started contributing ideas and recipes to A Beautiful Mess. After working together for a year, Elsie invited Emma to become a co-author of A Beautiful Mess. Shortly after they got their first book deal. Wow!







How's that for inspiration eh? :-)



xoxo,
Onnari

photo credits:
www.abeautifulmess.typepad.com
www.psimadethis.com
www.matterofstyle.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been following PSImadethis for over a year now.

Nice post.

Erm, you really don't want to make anything for me, sha. :(

Unknown said...

aww! my bad! olryt, shoot me a mail: thatssewnaija@gmail.com haven't got urs :-)