Saturday 20 October 2012

'Ankaracstar' - Celeb inspired Denim/Ankara vest


Bend, Mend, or Spend???
So I have been seeing celebs such as Tiwa savage and Davido rocking denim and Ankara and being so sew naija at heart, I decided to do some justice to my Miss Selfridge denim vest. I actually have never worn the vest so it was up for the debate – ‘Bend (toss), Mend (reconstruct/fix), or Spend (splurge on a new one)?’. At this point, you should know what my choice was J


 

More on the other side



The original vest 




So here’s the vest pre – Ankara, I had just attached the studs to it.







And here’s the vest post – Ankara. You like? I do! Very rockstar or as I’d like to say ‘ankaracstar’ *wink*






and the celebs i was inspired by.... 

Davido

Tiwa savage 


 Terence Sambo


...and a piece from Duafe Denim.

thats all folks! 
xoxo,
Onnari.
photo  Credits:
www.theredblog.blogspot.com
www.funmiogunja.com
www.onenigerianboy.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am so inspired by ur works...u really hv a lot upstairs,keep pouring it out so we cld also learn 2 be more creative.thank u

Unknown said...

Aww! Thank u lots

Unknown said...

this is really lovely.bt where do i get studs from to make one for mydelf

Unknown said...

@ theodora- u cld check @ tailoring shops, shops that sell trimmingd, n sewing notions and things.

Marilyn said...

It's amazing... I should try the sort on my vest too..really like it <3